Last weekend, we had the Santa clause parade in Toronto!!
While it seems so early – I suppose it’s not, and as cliché as it sounds I feel like the year just flew by!!
I still remember trying to get ready for last Christmas, here I am now … beginning to think about this one – it’s tres tres cray-cray!!
Even with the stores flooded with Christmas decorations, Christmas music playing, and cookies in every crevice of Pinterest – I just wasn’t in the holiday mood … yet. Don’t get me wrong Christmas is my FAVOURITE TIME OF YEAR … I get excited and giddy – buddy the elf style!! But it all just seemed soo early.
And then last Sunday. My family and I went to the parade – it was cold – the snow fell – live bands played carols …. It was Christmas time in the city. It was all I needed to get me in the mood. And now, the countdown is on!!
34 more days and we’ll all be ho-ho-hoing around town ( … I read that, and re-ready it … I mean that statement in the most innocent way possible).
And just because Christmas means nothing in the LTSL household without cookies – I have something extra special for you!!
Toasted PBJ Thumbprint Cookies.
I LOVE THE STUFF.
Also, toasted taste better.
Toasted PBJ Thumbprint cookies
1/2 cup margarine, Softened
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 whole Egg
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Strawberry jam
1. In large cast iron pot, add flour to low heat. Toast until lightly brown – stir often to not burn flour. Approx 7 mins.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. Combine egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamed, Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute.
4. Roll into balls and make an indent, using the back of a 1 Tsp measuring spoon.
6. Bake 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and redefine the indent, again using the back of a 1 TSP spoon. While still warm, fill each cookie intent with jam
8. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!!
Happy Cookie-ing darlings … and for those who are having heart palpitations over the holiday season, not to worry – I still have one more fall recipe up my sleeve!!