I admit, I haven’t done SWJ in a while.
Not that I didn’t want to … nor was it because I didn’t have the time… but it was because I was busy eating this ( PS HOLY MOTHER OF YUM! I’ve been craving it since I finished the tub!![ yes, I ate the entire tub *oink*]).
So I didn’t want to make any more frozen treats to tempt me…. For a while.
Please Sunday with Joyer’s don’t kick me out of your fancypants group … I think you’re all extra snazzy… and I swear on the love of brown butter, I won’t flake anymore. <- that’s how serious I am.
Plus I see s’more brownies in our near future, and I am all over that like a peanut butter on jelly.
I did get a chance to make Joy’s Zucchini Pancake recipe though.
I changed it.
I used the exact same ingredients.
Used the exact same measurements.
Except I changed the method (seriously, I’m just asking to be kicked out of this book club : ( )
And I made one giant pancake, instead of little ones. It’s still worthy of sharing … or sitting with, right from the oven with a fork (I won’t tell anyone, it can be our little secret … except please don’t burn yourself – - I’d feel guilty. But it would be worth it [sorry it’s true… I’m also sorry I keep doing brackets inside of brackets .. this isn’t math class *yuck] )
Annnnyyywhooooo Want to see what I did?
Zucchini-Potato Pancake with Cilantro Chili sauce
- Sour Cream
- Red Onion
- Preheat oven to 425 of.
- Dice potatoes. In a large pot bring to boil potatoes and garlic. Allow to boil until softened.
- Strain of excess water and add to a large bowl.
- To the potatoes, add sour cream, flour, salt and paprika.
- Smash it all together, until its smooth.
- Add the onions and zucchini.
- Last add the egg.
- Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan. Heat for 3 Minutes, until it begins to lightly sizzle.
- Add your Zucchini-potato mixture. Spread as evenly as possibly.
- Allow to cook for 7 minutes –> you’re creating a crust that is about to rock your socks.
- Place in heated oven and allow to bake for 30 minutes.
Once finished baking, work your magic and flip onto your serving plate.
Cilantro Chili Sauce
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Dried Chili Flakes
- Place all of the above ingredients in a blender ( or a mini mixer). Blend until well combined.
- Serve with your pan-ca-doodle.
The crunch on this little monster is heavenly, and the cool creamy sauce matches perfectly. Next time, I think I’m going to up the amount of zucchini I used and also add a little more paprika ( mama likes it a little hot ).