Children of the playground … we must gather!
There is exactly one month until Christmas …
That`s kind of how I feel about the entire situation tooo. I`m excited ( I totally just typed executed for anyone who wants to know :$) and also, thinking Santa baby, this lady aint ready for you aaannnnnnddd I still have one more fall recipe to share with you !!
Also, funny story – Mr. LTSL has never been much of a Christmas person – he’s all about good food, family, gifts and cookies but count him out of the parades, tree light up festivals, Christmas markets and decorating. Especially tree decorating. Except this year. It would seem that my little Grinch’s heart grew three sizes this year.
We got our tree the second weekend of November – it’s a phoney-baloney one because we can’t have a real one in the condo. I also heard that it takes 12 years for a new tree to grow back .. so pardon my French but eff that.
Anyways, … ever since I’ve been collecting decorations for both our home and the tree – I’ve even made some!! And since the second weekend of November Mr. Grinch has asked when we would decorate. So we finally did. And it’s beautiful. There’s no order to it .. there are large bulbs at the top, and little ones at the bottom .. but it’s ours. And it’s perfect. And we did it together.
Holiday season things. Yo. Word.
… I can’t stop.
I haven’t even thought about Christmas shopping – but I want to get it done soon, so I don’t have to face the travesty that malls turn into come December Uno. Sooo to make YOUR life easier( … and because I know what I want for Christmas) I’ve made a list of the cool-funky-amazing things any food blogger – food eater – food lover would adore :
Stocking Stuffers :
- Vanilla bean pods – Fresh Vanilla makes a world of a difference!!
- Coupon to wash the dishes/clean the kitchen – I would LOVE this … I’m a cooker/baker … I hate cleaning .. but I do it, because I made the mess.
- Zester/Grater – So handy for spices, cheeses – nutmeg
- OXO cookie dough scooper – I have a couple and LOVE them – different sizes are a good idea – perfect for not just cookies, but cupcakes, ice cream … Nutella ( what, you don’t eat Nutella with a scoop?!?)
- funky apron I always forget to wear an apron .. and I have a couple. But Funky aprons are gnarly and look you can even be Wonder Woman, or Batman orr look at this Christmas Story — show me how the piggys eat apron!!
- Baked jewelry – two words SO.CUTE.
- OXO Cake Tester – I currently use, wooden skueres – it does the job, but this cake tester would be so.much.better.
- Gift Card to favourite restaurant – because every home cook/baker needs a day off every once in a while.
- Vegetable spiralizer – so cool, I so badly want to make zucchini noodles!!
- iPad And Cookbook Stand Combo – YES! In hopes that I no longer have butter stains on all of my cookbooks … this is #SorryNotSorry kind of situation
- Hamilton Beach 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker ( it’s so little and cute!!)– ice cream for one, SIGN ME UP!! This would be so perfect, especially since Mr. LTSL isn’t an ice cream kind of guy .. cupcakes, sign him up for cupcakes.
- Tagine – so freaking in love with mine. You’ll never have a better lamb stew or paella – promise.
- Cast Iron Pan – I use mine for everything .. pizza … steak … potatoes … cookies .. cake. LOVE IT!
- Pizza Stone – Pizza never tasted so good … nor quesadillas .. or grilled cheese.
- Silpat Mat – WORD. Best kept baking secret … that’s probably not a secret – I use mine for every single jingle thaaaannnnggg … but mostly cookies.
- Cake stand/dessert tray – I only have a million … but what’s a girl to do? Some people collect shoes, some plants … you can never have enough funky-cute-amazing-sparkly cake stands/ dessert trays.
Fancy-shmancy Food Items
- Sloane Teas – YES. LOVE the chocolate truffle … and the jasmine pink lemonade
- Hot chocolate by Jacques Torres – Die. – Thick, rich, creamy, annnd sooooooooooo delicious!! Add some burbon and we’ll be besties!!
- Blueberry Honey by Nude Bee Co. ( TORONTO WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAATTT) … shop local. Seriously, probably my favourite honey in all the land. And their blueberry. Kill-me-now.
- Apple Cider Mix by SAXON CHOCOLATES ( TORONTOoo IN THE HOOUUUSSEE) – dear I say, my favourite apple cider. YES!
- Eggnog Marshmallows by Butter Baked Goods – Do it upppp!!
- Gummy Love Candy Bento Box – Gift Set by Sugarfina – I want to eat my computer screen.
- Crème Brule Almonds by The Squirrel Brand Co. – To.Die.For.
- Drip Maple Syrup – Maple Syrup … it’s the Canadian in me … it’s also for my love of pancakes, waffles and spaghetti ( joking … sort of “ we elves stick to the 4 major food groups candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup”. Copper is my favourite.
- Street Food Diaries Cookbook byMatt Basile ( TORONTO REEEPPPREEESEEENNT) – Pad Thai Fries … I bought this book for my brother’s birthday, and should have totally gotten myself a copy. I drooled over every.single.picture.
- Seriously Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food Jessica Merchant – this has nothing ( read: everything) to do with my clear obsession for how cool Jess is ( yea, we’re bff .. sort of .. okay, in my world we are). I was so pumped for this book, and it doesn’t disappoint … HELLO : Fleur de Sel Caramel Bourbon Brownie Milk Shakes – WHAT?!? YES!
- Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats This is Joy Wilson’s second book, and just when I thought the first one blew my mind … She pulls the wool over all of us and – Bow Chika wow wow – this baby is born and it’s a sweet number!! ( ps that could have been stripper music I was singing … sorry .. this book is just sexy!! Heh. Go ahead and punch me)
- The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolk – don’t have it yet, but totally need it. After O.D-ing on buttah … a little clean eating would be good for the soul.
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck byThug Kitchen. This looks soooo cool … and clearly I need it to keep up with my bad-girl-bad-assery (hehe.. so funny!!)
- Toronto Cooks: 100 Signature Recipes from the City’s Best Restaurants – Editor Amy Rosen ( TORONTO STTANNND.UP!) – clearly a must, since I’m crazy in love with this city!!
- The Great Lobster Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes To Cook At Home by Matt Dean Pettit ( TORONTO WOOP WOOOP) – Lobstah – Lobstah – Lobstah …
- Baked Occasions: Desserts For Leisure Activities, Holidays, And Informal Celebrations by Matt Lewis, Renato Poliafito – YES. YES. YES … this is the 3rd in the Baked Series and I seriously love every single one of them. This one is categorized by holidays in each month … perfection in the sweetest way possible.
I hope this helps ladies and gents … and if all else fails, at least you have a great shopping list for yourself :D