Living The Sweet Life just got a little sweeter … notice anything different?
Yeppers … I got me a little face lift.
Let me know 🙂
Sooooo this month, I got another package – kind of like last months, except this one had different items but was still overflowing with delicious treats!! My May Foodie PenPal Package arrived just around my birthday – – and it was exactly the pick-me-up I needed. Without dwelling on it too much, things just weren’t so sweet so this package VERY welcomed.
There’s something magical about receiving a special treat from half way across the country from a complete stranger. This month the wonderful Jennifer, was matched with me – – it turns out this was Jennifer’s first month participating — and to be honest, I wish everyone would be matched with someone like her. Through our e-mails back and forth she seemed so nice!! … she quickly e-mailed me to find out a little about me and then it seems like she got right to work.
I was knocked off my toes to see how well she did!! Not that I thought there would be any problems, but judging from the items I got – – you’d think this lovely lady had known me for years 🙂
So, you want to know what I got?
- A box of Spiced Apple Chai Tea – – perfect timing, my tea from last month JUUUSST ran out!!
- A bag of Cranberry Maple Granola – – really, do I have to go into my granola addiction. The monster has been fed, and LOOOVED it.
- A bag of Saybon Assorted Toffee — it’s so creamy!! ~ also Papa LTSL, may have had a couple *cough – most – cough*
- A sample of Fair Trade Green Tea – – :). Happiness. True. Happiness.
- An Wheat-free Oatmeal Bar – – perfect for those early mornings, I’m running out of the house.
- Thai Spicy Rice Snack Mix – – I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks goooooooooooooood!
- Hot Wasabi Hot Peas – – *drool* ~ brother LTSL got in on this action and … let’s just say we have an empty tin in the recycling now 🙂
- Organic.FUDGE.BROWNIE.COOKIES. *faint* holy mother of cupcakes, I had one as soon as I opened the package and I swear I didn’t a moment to remember I wasn’t dreaming!!
- Pretzel & Peanut Butter Cadbury’s Milk Chocolate – – HOW WELL DOES SHE KNOW ME!!
- Chocolate Pocky sticks – – I loved these, I hadn’t had them since I was little.
- Lifesavers — how ironic, just as my life needed to be saved these ended up in the mail 🙂
- 2 Samples and the recipe for Jennifer’s AMAZING power cookies. Not only did I eat both – – I’ve also made the recipe, and shared the cookies to pretty much everyone I know. Its addicting and makes me smile from the inside out!!
Jennifer, thank you SO much. Everything in the box was amazing … you’re amazing. I truly wish your package that you received was just as awesome. And hopefully, you’ll continue being part of the Foodie PenPal Program?
Hey, speaking of which – – if I have you craving these goodies, why don’t you sign up to get your very own Foodie PenPal Package?
It’s easy-peasy-lemon squeezey :
Sign-up here by the 4th of this month.
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
Well my loves, stay sweet – – I shall be back 😀