If being Irish and celebrating St. Patty’s day means 3 kinds of alcohol in one snack
Ladies and lepracauns (heh. See what I did there) I got a snaaaaayck for you.
Popcorn … Popacorno popacorno, that’s popcorn in Italian (name that amazing t.v show) … hehe ohhh Schmidt, you lovely lovely schmidty-roo!!
You guys need this popcorn, it’s part of a healthy diet and shnidzz … it’s not, but popcorn is a whole grain, so do the dirty work and justify the healthification.
Also, HAPPY ALMOST ST. PATTY’S DAY … are you doing anything special to celebrate? Making stew, eating green stuff, drinking green stuff, running away from any bar because it’s going to be crazier than the new box of marshmallow-only lucky charm cereal?!?
By eating this popcorn, you’re really just doing your part to help society get their irish on … also, it’s the weekend. And booze.
Some for the pot , some for me … some for the pot … rest for me.
Irish Car Bomb Popcorn
1 bag microwave popcorn – popped
3 cups of granulated white sugar
1/4 cup Guinness beer
¼ cup Baily’s Liquor
¼ cup Whisky
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tsp rum extract
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking soda
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl or foil roasting pan (this works great if you have one available).
- Line 1 large baking tray with foil
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, Guinness, Bailey’s, Whisky, butter, Rum Extract, and salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring continuously until sugar melts and caramel becomes a light brown.
- Add the baking soda and continue to stir keep stirring. NOTE: The mixture doubles up very quickly!!
- Remove from heat, pour over the popcorn.
- Spread the popcorn mixture out on foil lined sheet pans and allow to cool at least ten minutes before eating.