Happy Friday Y’all!!
Clearly I’ve been MIA and have come back with a southern accident. I’d apologize but we all know I’m bound to do it again #sorrynotsorry.
Disclaimer : no I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth
Disclaimer numero deux: yes, I’m still cooking/baking and we’re still eating (you can see here)– I’m not starving Mr. LTSL and well, we all know how cranky I get when I’m hungry; hangry doesn’t even begin to describe it.
Disclaimer number tres : I have been working on something wicked-amazing-cool-fantastic, that you guys will hear about very soon …… coming to a theatres near you – except not, because that would require me to get out of sweatpants …coming to a bookstore near you? – nahh, same sweatpants problemo.
Disclaimer numb- never mind. Let’s chat about beer, chocolate, and pretzels. All in a cookie. All for you. Also known as happiness …
Chocolate pretzel beer cookies
- ¾ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ⅓ cup beer ( your favourite kind works best)
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coco powder
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ cup pretzels
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Add egg yolk and extract and mix until just combined.
- Add beer and mix again until just combined.
- Add both flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch and mix until just combined. Add pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet after baking and allow to cool to room temperature.
Annnndd …. Now you have amazing cookies, your home smells like yeasty bread annnnnd any of the beer you didn’t use can help you wash these bad boys down!!