We should eat cake
You know, since it’s almost bikini season and all that jazzy-ness!!
Heh. Bikinis … such a joke.
They’re such itty-bitty, stress inducing son of a guns.
I saw we forget our worries and fill the voids of our life with delicious – dense Condensed Milk pound cake?!?!
Obvs. Like there is another rational option. Hiiii – and life is all about balance ( no, not a slice of cake in each hand … hehehe )
This cake is lightly sweetened, crazy smooth, and extremely dense – it would make the perfect base for a strawberry short cake,– or loaded with ice cream on top, or a fruit trifle!! Side note … every time I hear the world trifle – I think of Destiney’s child – You triflin’, good for nothing type of brother….. Silly me, why haven’t I found another? Stop it, don’t tell me, you don’t listen to a little Destiney’s child now and then.
Maybe you don’t maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m super addicted to 90’s music right now .. Maybe this post is super random and I should stop babbling and just get to the cake recipe.
Condensed Milk Pound Cake
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Margarine at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray an 8½ x 4½ inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each egg until well blended. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and lemon juice to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn the pound cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.