Instead of calling this recipe Cookie Dough Poptart Brownies, I should seriously just call them my apology to bikini season … or indulgence… but darrrrrrrrn delicious.
Technically, we could start working on our swimsuit bodies after a tray a brownies … riiiiiiggghhht?!?
And also, long weekend.
This weekend, in true Victoria Day Long Weekend fashion there will be a flood of food – and trust me, this little lady aint mad at all!!
Can we also talk about something only semi-random … strawberries.
I want all of them. In my face. On cake. With yogurt. You name it, gimmmmmmmaaaayyy. I know this recipe is far from having anything to do with strawberries… buuuuuttt long weekend – summer – strawberries … logic?
As you know, I’ve done quite a number when coming to trashing up brownies – and, this my darlings is no exception!! The trashier the better … well, sometimes …. Okay, maybe only when it comes to brownies. Or pizza. Or cookies. AmIright?!
Cookie Dough Pop Tart Brownies
2/3 cup unsalted butter
1¼ c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp instant coffee
2 eggs, cold
½ c. all-purpose flour
⅛ tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. cornstarch
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 cookie dough pop tarts chopped
Cookie Dough topping
1 cup butter
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9×11 inch pan foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and sugar.
- Microwave for 1 and a half minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature and then stir in the vanilla extract, cocoa powder and coffee.
- In a large bowl add cocoa powder mixture, mixing in 1 egg at a time.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour half the brownie mixture into your prepared pan, top with half chopped poptarts.
- Spread the remaining brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the brownies are set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cooling, prepare cookie dough topping. Beat the butter with both sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the milk, vanilla and flour.
- Evenly spread on cooled brownies, top with remaining poptarts.