Does it bother you when people say the shorter version of an actual word. I once called hot chocolate Ho-Cho, and my husband asked me how was my life so busy, that I couldn’t just say hot chocolate. He might have a point … I’m also not 13 … buuutt I’m not 130!!
But FroYo might be different, it’s a thing now – no one actually says frozen yogurt. Well, unless you’re an actual adult and sophisticated and things. Mostly the things part.
How sophisticated are we actually talking, if I stuffed what could have potentially been a healthy snack with chunks of chocolate and oreo cookies?! – you be the judge.
Cookies & Cream Soft Serve Frozen Yogurt (Fro-Yo)
- 2 cups plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/2 cup mini oreos
- 1 cup cadbury cookies and cream bar ( any cookies and cream chocolate bar would work just as well) chopped.
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the yogurt, honey, and vanilla in large bowl.
- beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy ( approximately 3 minutes)
- stir in mini oreos and chopped chocolate.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a saran wrapped loaf pan. Cover with cling wrap, and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, and stir mixture ( the corners will start to freeze first, combine with the liquid centre).
- Cover again, and place in the freezer for 3 more hours, stirring every 30 minutes.