Chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels … OMG YES!
Sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy goodness.
For summer, the weather in these parts of town have been straight trippin ( don’t even ask me what that was, and why I said it)
It’s been perfect for movie marathon weekends, filled with junk food, popcorn and baking.
And it’s not even cool out, its muggy and doing magical things for my hair.
I need to announce, that I also saw Pitch 2 last weekend … and umm Aka-mazing!! I can’t say it was as good as the first, but Fat Amy had me on the floor!! Annnd this weekend, Jurassic World .. I need to see it / be scared / have bad dreams … you know, for old time sake.
What are you wild cats doing this weekend?!
I’m partying with my bestie and her familia tonight … she’s getting married in 49 days … which also means for the next 49 days and the foreseeable future I’ll be in a corner sobbing . I have attachment issues, as well as issues with the fact that we’re apparently grownup and shizz … heh. Shizz .. such a funny word.
I’m also going to a baby shower for another amiga who’s having a little minion … sorry, that should say munckin.. but whatever works.
Aaaannnnd Sunday is tonight’s besties bridal shower … ahhhh yeeeeaaaa!!
So to summarize : Brides, Babies … and by Monday Booze.
Can I just stick to making cookies, and ixnay on the rest of life?
Pretzel Chocolate Chip peanut butter cookies
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup Butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Chocolate chips
¼ cups broken pretzel pieces
24 pretzels for topping.
- In a large bowl, cream egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, margarine, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt–mix in until just incorporated.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and broken pretzel pieces.
- Cover your mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Remove your dough from the fridge and scoop 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Top each cookie mound with pretzel.
- Bake cookies in oven for 9 minutes. Remove from oven &allow cookies to cool for an additional 10.