It seems we’re having a boozy week over at LTSL!!
Cheers to eating your alcohol.
Cheers to October ( also .. WHAT?!?!)
Cheers to fall fashion and carbs.
Thank all that is warm and cozy for carbs!!
I think I also deserve some what of a medal ( or an extra slice of this booze laden bread) for not having a Pumpkin Spice Latte for the year … yet. I’m actually seeing how long I can hold on … at least to thanksgiving?!
With me writting this, I’ll probably get a whiff on my way home and cave.
And because you’re probably sick of all of the pumpkin pizzazz I’m brining you another fall favourite … beer. Kidding … apppppplllleeesss … even though there’s no actual apples in this recipe … okay … let’s just go back to beeeeeeeerrr then.
Not drunk … I promise.
Apple Cinnamon Beer Bread
3 cups flour (sifted)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon apple sauce
1 teaspoon apple juice
¼ cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups bottle Apple Beer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour into large bowl with baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and sugar, making sure they’re mixed well.
- Add apple sauce, apple juice, and beer. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and pour melted butter right over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour minutes or until gold brown.
Also, because we have a friendship based on trust … I trust that you will toast a slice ( or 7) slater it with butter and sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar.
Your life is now complete.